CES 2015: ROG Spatha Gaming Mouse: Wireless/Wired, MMO, Laser Sensor And More
Following recently Gladius and soon-to-launch Sica, ASUS are also introducing our fans to the premium Spatha! It’s still early days yet with the mouse shown below is still in active design and development, and is not projected for release at earliest until post Q2. We have a mix of images from an engineering & development sample as well as renders of the final mouse.
The key spec ASUS are announcing at CES 2015 is as follows:
- 12 programmable buttons: designed for MMOs
- Magnetic docking station for storage and charging
- Can be used in wired or wireless mode:
- ROG exclusive swappable Omron switch sockets (like the Gladius)
- Ergonomic right-handed design for full grip (or larger hands)
- Laser sensor and high-quality ALPS scroll wheel
- Uses ROG Armory software (like Gladius and Sica)
Like the Gladius and Sica, the Spatha is a type of Roman sword. Specifically, a long sword up to 1 meter long and was a used as a standard heavy infantry weapon by the army and in gladiatorial combat. Thus, as your gaming weapon, the naming fits perfectly!